- Sat06Feb201610 - 11 a.m.Silver Street Studios 2000 Edwards Street, #213, 77007 (Map)
Artists in the studios, led by Kelyne ReisProgram events
FaceBook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1713527842192036/
For its February program, Visual Arts Alliance presents four emerging artists in the Houston arts scene. On Saturday, February 6, beginning at 10 a.m., attendees will have the opportunity to meet and visit with Ana Archer, Kyong Burke, Lorena Morales and Kelyne Reis in their studios at Silver Street Studios, 2000 Edwards Street, 77007
The four artists are diverse in style, inspirations, age and home country. The connecting factor is that they all maintain their studios at Silver Street Studios and are quickly becoming known in the city’s art circle. The artists’ works and concentrations include:
- Ana Archer, known for her large abstract painting, applies acrylic paints in primary colors onto the canvas creating form and texture with the volume and viscosity of the paint.
- Kyong Burke is currently concentrating on a series with different subjects created in varying styles with different media.
- Lorena Morales creates paintings and sculptures on plexiglass acrylic sheets. The paintings and sculptures vary depending on a room’s lighting as well as the angle of the viewer.
- Kelyne Reis plays with bold colors, lines and graphic shapes, with color becoming the subject in her works. She lets bold colors interact with one another, hides details, combines unexpected hues and works with strong contrasts to create simple paintings.
Along with tours of each of the artists’ studios, guests can view the Collective Art Show in the Hall Gallery of Silver Street Studios and drop in other artists’ studios in the building. The program will begin at 10 a.m. outside the Kelyne Reis Art Studio, #213, Silver Street Studios, 2000 Edwards Street, 77007.
As part of its educational outreach, VAA presents monthly programs that are open to the public. There is no charge to attend and registration is not necessary.