- Wed07Jan20155:45 pmAvis Frank Gallery, 1606 White Oak Dr., 77009 (Map)
Artists' Business Practices with David HardakerProgram events
On Wednesday, January 7, Visual Arts Alliance (VAA) presents Artists’ Business Practices with David Hardaker. The free program begins at 5:45 at Avis Frank Gallery, 1606 White Oak Dr.
Mr. Hardaker studied at the Eleanor Street School of Art and the Blackpool College of Art before embarking on a career as an artist. Professional for twelve years and involved in art related promotion for two decades, Mr. Hardaker embraces the power that art brings to any situation whether it be raising funds for charity, furthering the career of an artist, or being a part of the regeneration of a city. He is the owner of Avis Frank Gallery.
The talk will cover professional practices for artists and include the following:
- Understanding your own personal motivations for creating.
- Honest self-criticism.
- Identifying the best way to have people see your work.
- Identifying the best way to market your work.
- The role of a gallery.
- How to measure success.
- Are you your worst enemy or your best friend?