- Sat01Jun201911:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.The Printing Museum, 1324 W Clay St, Houston, TX 77019Program events
Charles Criner, artist in residence at The Printing Museum for over a decade, will give a lecture on his inspiration and experience creating his large body of work. His lithographs and paintings reflect his own childhood and the larger history of black people in the United States. He is especially known for his posters celebrating Juneteenth, the anniversary of the emancipation of slaves in Texas.
- Wed10Jul20196:00 - 7:00 pmArchway Gallery, 2305 Dunlavy Street, Houston, Texas, 77006Program events
Self-taught urban artist Anat Ronen, whose large-scale murals often ask the viewer to consider deep questions about their world, offers her thoughts on the artist's intention.
- Sat03Aug201911:00 am - 12:00 pmMontrose Center, 401 Branard Street, Houston, Texas, 77006Program events
Inside the Selection Process: VAA invites their past exhibition jurors to discuss previously submitted works in an open panel, to give attendees insight into the process of jurying and offer tips for artists planning future submissions.
- Sat07Sep201911:00 am - 12:00 pmThe Printing Museum, 1324 W Clay St, Houston, TX 77019Program events
Join independent curator and collector Jay Wehnert for a discussion of his book Outsider Art in Texas: Lone Stars, followed by a book signing.
- Sat05Oct201911:00 am - 12:00 pmMontrose Center, 401 Branard Street, Houston, Texas, 77006Program events
Chris Higham invites three collectors to offer their unique insights into the process and experience of acquiring and curating a private art collection.